A woman at Lakeview Drive and Valpico Road called police at 6:49 a.m. Monday and reported that someone had vandalized all the sprinkler heads along Valpico Road as well as local mailboxes and a tree. The police log noted that it could be related to an incident from the night before, when police stopped two teenage boys in the area at about 11:30 p.m. after they were seen throwing a garbage can into the roadway. Another person called about two hours later and reported that all the sprinkler heads along MacArthur Drive between Eastlake Drive and Valpico Road had also been vandalized.
The Tracy Police Department received 164 calls for service Monday. The following is a sample of those reports:
• 3:04 a.m.: Neighbors on the 400 block of Helen Avenue called police to report that a blue or green Honda had crashed into some other cars that were parked along the street. The impact of the crashed caused the Honda’s horn to stick, and one of the neighbors said the driver got out to try to disconnect the horn. Police arrested the 31-year-old man on suspicion of drunken driving and hit-and-run.
• 7:53 a.m.: A woman on the 500 block of Pombo Square Drive called police because her neighbor parked a truck in front of her driveway and refused to move it. Police responded and resolved the situation.
• 8:39 a.m.: Someone reportedly stole some fire hydrants that were to be installed along the street construction project near the intersection of Bessie and Highland avenues.
• 5:08 p.m.: Police arrested a 46-year-old woman on suspicion of forgery and drug possession after someone at Save Mart, 875 S. Tracy Blvd., reported that she brought in a bogus prescription to the store’s pharmacy.
• 11:25 p.m.: A woman on the 1400 block of Parkside Drive told police that her 34-year-old son was off his medication for bipolar disorder and had been drinking when he hotwired his father’s Porsche Targa, grabbed his surfboard and drove off, possibly on his way to Santa Cruz.
• 11:34 p.m.: A man at Greenoaks Mobile Home Park reported that he arrived home to find a man lying in his driveway with a bag next to him and his head resting on a bicycle. Police woke up the 33-year-old man, noted that he was uninjured and was not drunk, and took him back to his own house.
• This column includes a sampling of items as reported in the Tracy Police Department dispatcher’s daily log. Additional information is based on reports from officers and other law enforcement agencies. To report information anonymously about a crime: Crime Stoppers, 831-6847.