The caller said he sent the man $800 to start a loan process, which has never been completed. The man told the caller that the money will be refunded, but the caller said it hasn’t happened in two months.
Police told the caller that no such business exists at the mall.
The Tracy Police Department received 146 calls for service Saturday. The following is a sample of those calls.
• 12:08 a.m.: A caller reported shots were fired at Tracy Boulevard and 11th Street. The caller later said it was firecrackers.
• 12:08 a.m.: A man on the 1200 block of Citadelle Street reported his 25-year-old fiancée unconscious and not breathing. He said she might have taken diet pills. Two minutes later, she was awake and breathing.
• 12:21 a.m.: A suspicious truck was reported at Stan Morri Ford, 3500 Auto Plaza Way. The caller said a white- or light-colored flatbed Dodge truck was looking to “dump barrels” from the back of the truck. They also reported seeing the truck at the Tracy Chevrolet, 3400 Auto Plaza Way.
• 12:38 a.m.: A loud party was reported on the 900 block of Mason Court.
• 1:49 a.m.: A 19-year-old girl was arrested on Tracy Boulevard and 11th Street on suspicion of driving under the influence.
• 1:53 a.m.: A man was arrested at Scrambl’z Restaurant, 3380 N. Tracy Blvd., on suspicion of battery and possession of a controlled substance.
• 4:46 a.m.: A woman in western Tracy said her 19-year-old son hit her. Her neighbor said no physical injuries or bleeding were apparent. Police arrested him.
• 4:56 a.m.: On the corner of Tracy Boulevard and Valpico Road, a caller reported hearing a man screaming as if he was in pain. Police checked the area about 20 minutes later and didn’t find anything suspicious.
• 5:50 a.m.: A woman was arrested on suspicion of disturbing the peace at am/pm, 3425 N. Tracy Blvd. The caller said the woman was drunkenly arguing with the store’s clerk. The woman had a small child with her, the caller said. Her blue Chevrolet Venture was towed.
• 8:11 a.m.: A caller said a man was sleeping inside Denny’s, 3719 N. Tracy Blvd. He was taken away via ambulance.
• 8:38 a.m.: On the 1000 block of Joranollo Drive, a woman said she was in a fight with her boyfriend. The woman was hiding in the bushes, but did not need medical attention. Both people later claimed it was just a verbal dispute.
• 9:23 a.m.: At Stone Pine Apartments, 233 W. Grant Line Road, a woman was arrested on suspicion of making criminal threats. A man told police that his wife was threatening to burn his car.
• 9:54 a.m.: A man said his storage unit at Extra Space Storage, 780 E. 11th St., had been broken into and things were missing.
• 10:57 a.m.: A man was arrested, cited and released after he ran his white van into a building on the corner of Ninth and D streets.
• 12:20 p.m.: Someone at Tracy Park Apartments, 2800 N. Tracy Blvd., reported tags stolen from a car.
• 1:05 p.m.: On the 500 block of Belmont Lane, a caller said a camcorder and some other things were stolen from a house.
• 3:33 p.m.: Someone on the 1500 block of Poppy Hills Lane reported that a house had been broken into.
• 4:56 p.m.: On the corner of Carlton Way and Holly Drive, a 48-year-old man with a warrant for his arrest was taken into custody.
• 5:02 p.m.: A caller said a woman was chasing after several people with a baseball bat on the 300 block of West Court. An officer said that knives were involved. However, the victims were uncooperative and no action was taken.
• 5:25 p.m.: At Alden Park, 500 Sequoia Blvd., a caller said about nine gang members were smoking marijuana and drinking. They were questioned by police.
• 5:35 p.m.: Someone was arrested, cited and released at Save Mart, 2005 N. Tracy Blvd., on suspicion of petty theft.
• 7:46 p.m.: A caller said four young men who might be gang members were loitering at Stevens Park, 200 Mt. Eden Circle, and pointing a laser pen at houses and passing cars. They were told to leave.
• 10:29 p.m.: A caller reported a potential burglary of a car on the first block of West 22nd Street. The caller said two men ran away on foot, but didn’t think they got anything from the car.
• 10:35 p.m.: Two teenagers were in custody after allegedly trying to steal alcohol from Save Mart, 2005 N. Tracy Blvd.
• 10:48 p.m.: A woman called police, saying there were gang members trying to get into her home on the 900 block of Windeler Avenue. She said she can’t see anything, but could possibly hear someone trying to break into her bathroom window. She later heard a loud bang, but police found out it was just a suspicious person around and not a burglary attempt.
• 11:02 p.m.: A caller reported a theft of a GPS from a red Cadillac on the first block of East 21st Street.
• 11:20 p.m.: A 45-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence on the 1600 block of Sandy Court. The man, driving a Toyota Tundra, crashed into his garage.
• This column includes a sample of items as reported in the Tracy Police Department dispatcher’s daily log. Additional information is based on reports from officers and other law enforcement agencies. To anonymously report information about a crime: Crime Stoppers, 831-6847.