The candidates for local offices in the Nov. 4 General Election are set.
The filing deadline passed Aug. 8, and four candidates were certified for two Tracy City Council seats, two candidates for Tracy mayor and four candidates for two seats on the Mountain House Community Services District Board of Directors.
Incumbent Tracy councilmen Charles Manne and Robert Rickman will face retired accountant Robert C. Tanner and Tracy Planning Commissioner Veronica Vargas.
Raymond Morelos, a businessman and former Tracy councilman, and Mayor Pro Tem Michael Maciel will campaign for the office of mayor.
Two incumbent Mountain House CSD directors, Stephen Joseph Gutierrez and Celeste Farron, face re-election challenge from Thomas A. Lee III and Brian Lucid.
The Press will conduct interviews with each of the above candidates and arrange public forums for each office before the November election.
• Contact the Tracy Press at firstname.lastname@example.org or 835-3030.
Other local elected offices in Nov. 4 election
Lammersville Joint Unified School District Governing Board (2 seats)
• Colin Clements
• Sharon Lampel
• Atul K. Khanna
Banta School District (2 seats)
• Joe Perry
• Frank I. Silva
• Doreen Spinney
• Thomas J. Hystad
San Joaquin County Superintendent of Schools
• James Mousalimas
• Jeff Tilton
State Assembly, 13th District
• Susan Talamantes Eggman
• Sol Jobrack
United States Representative, 10th District
• Jeff Denham
• Michael Eggman
United States Representative, 9th District
• Jerry McNerney
• Antonio C. “Tony” Amador
Not on the ballot:
• The seat for West Side Irrigation District, Division 1, will be filled by the only candidate, Thomas E. Pereira.
• The seat for West Side Irrigation District, Division 2, will be filled by the only candidate, Ernest J. Pombo Jr.
• The seat for West Side Irrigation District, Division 3, will be filled by the only candidate, Stephen Robert Serpa.
• The seat for Byron Bethany Irrigation District, Landowner, will be filled by the only candidate, Charles J. Tuso.
• The three open seats on the Tracy Rural Fire Protection District Board of Directors will be filled by the three at-large candidates: John Vieira, John Muniz and James M. Thoming.
• The two open seats on the New Jerusalem School District Board of Trustees will be filled by the two incumbents: William Koster and Stephen R. Bogetti.
• The three open seats on the Jefferson School District Board of Education will be filled by the three incumbents: Jacqueline Thomas, Brian Jackman and Daniel Wells.
• The four open seats on the Tracy Unified School District Board of Trustees will be filled by three incumbents, Kelly Lewis, Greg Silva and Ted Guzman, and one other candidate who applied, Juana Dement.