City Manager Leon Churchill said the item was added to the agenda because Turlock Air failed to meet some performance markers in its contract.
“We’ve gone through a period of their performance requirements,” Churchill said. “Things have gotten to the point where we need to part ways.”
The city had signed a 25-year contract with Turlock Air that started Jan. 1, 2012, and could have stretched — with three 10-year renewal options — until 2066. The City Council amended the contract in June to institute more stringent requirements for Turlock Air.
Other items on the preliminary agenda for the council meeting include the following:
• Conduct a public hearing to consider an application to amend the general plan and approve a vesting tentative subdivision map to create 59 lots on a 10-acre parcel and a preliminary and final development plan amendment to allow for the construction of 59 single-family homes at the northwest corner of Crossroads Drive and Solomon Lane
• Conduct a public hearing to consider rezoning two parcels on South C Street between Third and Fourth streets from light industrial to medium-density residential
• Adopt a resolution approving local goals and policies for community facilities districts and provide direction on the requirement of a fiscal impact analysis to assess public services costs as a result of new development
• Receive and discuss the Grand Theatre Center for the Arts annual report, accept the Grand Foundation’s fiscal year 2013-14 annual underwriting support and approve supplemental appropriation of proceeds for programming and technical support at the Grand Theatre
• While acting as the governing body of the successor agency for the Community Development Agency of the city of Tracy, approve a recognized obligation payment schedule
• Approve various amendments to professional services agreements with Kimley-Horn and Associates for completion of roadway analysis for Cordes Ranch and Tracy Hills developments
• Approve various professional services agreements with West Yost and Associates related to water analysis for Cordes Ranch and Tracy Hills developments