The business group announced Nov. 15 the recipients of this year's Community Recognition Awards.
• Carol Newman — Ambassador of the Year
• Tracy Optometry Group — Business of the Year
• Bob & Adele Bloch — Entrepreneur of the Year
• Dr. Paul Teranishi — Professional of the Year
• Onalee Koster — Female Citizen of the Year
• Steve Abercrombie — Male Citizen of the Year
• Surtec Adopt A Family — Organization of the Year
The chamber selected Koster because she represents 60 years of Tracy's finest agricultural and community cultures. Koster, a docent at the Tracy Historical Museum and member of the Westside Pioneers, is a 4-H Club teacher and has used her New Jerusalem farm as a lab to teach ag students from across the county.
Abercrombie was picked because of his work with numerous local community service organizations. The former councilman is a Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) instructor, director of Brighter Christmas and member of Tracy Volunteer Caregivers, and he runs or volunteers for numerous student and education groups.
• Contact the Tracy Press at 835-3030 or email@example.com.