Remember When: Still standing
Jun 13, 2013 | 2903 views | 1 1 comments | 276 276 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Today’s Remember When mystery photo, top left, shows a downtown business in the 1950s.

What was the business, where was it constructed and when? What is the building used for today?

Last week’s Remember When mystery photo, below left, shows Mayor Bob Canclini looking over plans for the Tracy Community Center in April 1980.

The building, located at the corner of East and 10th streets in Civic Center, was dedicated in December 1980.

Its total cost of $545,000 was financed mostly by a $326,000 grant from the California Department of Parks and Recreation.

The 4,632-square-foot main room can be divided into three small spaces, and there are also two meeting rooms in the building.

• If you know the answer or can’t wait until next week to get it, email shm@tracypress.com or call 830-4234.
Comments
(1)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
Hahahahahaha
|
June 15, 2013
That's Hagstrom's Food Store, which was built in 1952 on the corner of 10th and B Streets (across from both Woolworth's and JC Penny). That building currently houses Bank of America.


We encourage readers to share online comments in this forum, but please keep them respectful and constructive. This is not a space for personal attacks, libelous statements, profanity or racist slurs. Comments that stray from the topic of the story or are found to contain abusive language are subject to removal at the Press’ discretion, and the writer responsible will be subject to being blocked from making further comments and have their past comments deleted. Readers may report inappropriate comments by e-mailing the editor at tpnews@tracypress.com.