The program, which begins at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 5, was originally known as the Junior Miss Pageant. It will include competition in fitness, interview, self-expression and talent, said Tammy Thompson, co-chairwoman of the event with Patty Knapp.
The winner will be named Distinguished Young Woman of Tracy and will represent Tracy in the state finals. She and winners in individual categories will receive scholarships from the sponsoring Tracy Kiwanis Club.
Masters of ceremony for the program will be James Franco, superintendent of Tracy Unified School District, and Lisa Thompson, the reigning Distinguished Young Woman of Tracy.
The 11 program participants — juniors at Tracy, West and Kimball high schools — are Emily Axford, Bobbi Bertken, Estrella Covarrubias, Jessica Diaz, Chelsea Fowler, Kaylee Haire, Jamie Lam, Anamarie Mendez, Jullianne Pham, Valery Pineda and Amanda Williams.
Program tickets, $15 for adults and $10 for students with school identification, can be purchased at Richard’s Men’s Wear, 70 W. 10th St., or at the door Saturday evening.
At a glance
• WHAT: Tracy Distinguished Young Woman Program, formerly Tracy Junior Miss Pageant
• WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 5
• WHERE: Kimball High School auditorium, 3200 Jaguar Run, off Lammers Road
• TICKETS: $15 for adults and $10 for students with school ID at Richard’s Men’s Wear, 70 W. 10th St., or at the door
• INFO: Tammy Thompson, 629-2085; or Bob Haupt, 479-1110