Remember When: West Park School
by TP staff
Dec 03, 2013 | 3726 views | 0 0 comments | 194 194 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Last week’s Remember When mystery photo, above left, showed the front of West Park School, which was located from 1924 to 1959 on West 10th Street, where the Stein High School campus is now.

The school had a primary wing with kindergarten-to-fourth-grade classes and a main section for fifth-through-eighth-grade classes. All students in primary classes in Tracy — at West Park, Central and South schools — attended classes in fifth through eighth grades at West Park.

After being found to be an earthquake hazard, the original school was torn down in 1959.

In its place, a new K-3 West Park School was constructed. Classes later became part of South/West Park School, and the space was taken over by the Stein campus for high school students, named for longtime school Trustee George Stein and his wife, Evelyn, a veteran kindergarten teacher.

Today’s Remember When mystery photo shows a Tracy man holding a Speed Graphic camera. Who was he, and what was his occupation in Tracy?

• If you know the answer to this week’s puzzle or can’t wait until next week to get it, email shm@tracypress.com or call 830-4234.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet


We encourage readers to share online comments in this forum, but please keep them respectful and constructive. This is not a space for personal attacks, libelous statements, profanity or racist slurs. Comments that stray from the topic of the story or are found to contain abusive language are subject to removal at the Press’ discretion, and the writer responsible will be subject to being blocked from making further comments and have their past comments deleted. Readers may report inappropriate comments by e-mailing the editor at tpnews@tracypress.com.