Police were in pursuit of a green Saturn Ion on Monday at 3:19 a.m. near Central Avenue and Mt. Diablo Street after a caller reported that a stereo had been stolen from a white Chevy van parked near the 4200 block of Christopher Michael Court.
At least three passengers dressed in red flannel shirts and black pants bailed out of the Ion and moved on foot near San Simeon Park. The chase lasted for nearly two miles before police finally stopped the car on Central Avenue and discovered it was being driven by a woman. Police recovered a pizza-making kit, two cell phones and a JVC car stereo.
The Tracy Police Department responded to 160 calls for service Monday. The following are samples of those calls:
• A caller reported at 3:04 a.m. that a 1999 gray Chevy Astro had been stolen near the 1600 block of North Tracy Boulevard.
• A caller reported at 9:16 a.m. that two men had been stuffing newspapers into a street drain near the 2300 block of West Lowell Avenue.
• A caller reported at 1:44 p.m. that a man had entered a business on the 700 block of West Grant Line Road requesting a taxi. He said he was being chased by the same four men who last week beat him and stole his wallet.
• A caller reported at 2 p.m. that a woman who was nearly six months pregnant had been sitting on the ground crying near the 400 block of East Grant Line Road. The girl said she had been walking in the sun for five hours.
• A caller reported at 1:53 p.m. that a 10- or 12-year-old boy came to the door of a residence near the 800 block of Marie Angela Drive asking to retrieve his ball. But the resident took a look at the ball and figured no one would want to play with it because it was too dirty, but noticed the boy looking into the house.
• A caller reported at 5:48 p.m. that two men had pulled up to her car in the parking lot of a business on 3000 West Grant Line Road and had snatched her purse while she was putting groceries into her car. She said they took her credit cards, cash and identification. She later saw the men at a popular Mexican restaurant on 11th Street getting lunch.
• This column includes a sample of items as reported in the Tracy Police Department dispatcher’s daily log. Additional information is based on reports from officers and other law enforcement agencies. To report information about a crime: Crime Stoppers, 831-4847.