Early morning fire damages 11th St. home
by TP staff
Dec 11, 2013 | 2592 views | 0 0 comments | 12 12 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Tracy fire crews contained a fire to a bedroom of the house at 3807 W. 11th St. in the early morning Wednesday, Dec. 11.

Division Chief Andrew Kellogg said Tracy Fire Department received a call about the house fire at 1:04 a.m. The first crew arriving at the house found heavy columns of smoke coming from the windows, doors and eaves, Kellogg said.

Inside, crew members found a bedroom on fire and flames spreading through a hallway. Kellogg said they were able to force the fire back to the bedroom and contain it to that room.

There were reports that someone was trapped in the house, but Kellogg said the residents were able to escape. The Red Cross provided temporary housing for the three people.

Crews determined that the fire started near a wall in the bedroom but were uncertain what ignited the fire. Kellogg said the department has ruled out a space heater or open flame as the cause of the fire, but he said it could have been an electrical problem.

Fire damage to the house and its contents is estimated at $70,000.

• Contact Glenn Moore at 830-4252 or gmoore@tracypress.com.

 
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet


We encourage readers to share online comments in this forum, but please keep them respectful and constructive. This is not a space for personal attacks, libelous statements, profanity or racist slurs. Comments that stray from the topic of the story or are found to contain abusive language are subject to removal at the Press’ discretion, and the writer responsible will be subject to being blocked from making further comments and have their past comments deleted. Readers may report inappropriate comments by e-mailing the editor at tpnews@tracypress.com.